The East County Economic Development Council has effectively promoted the importance of a healthy, vital economic climate and quality of life in San Diego’s East County since 1984. We specialize in bridging the gap between the community, businesses and the government. Our main focus is establishing a fluid skilled workforce pipeline by serving as the advanced manufacturing sector liaison between the industry and education sectors here in East County.
Through projects and grants we leverage funds to ease potential workers into tailored training programs and therefore provide a skilled workforce for manufacturers in the local area, as well as maintain the essential bridge between the education and industry sectors.
Click here to download East County EDC’s current Annual Report.
The East County EDC accomplishments and activities include:
- Developed and maintains a current database of more than 22,600 regional Primary Industry Companies, including 800+ East County businesses, on San Diego’s Regional Buyer-Supplier Network, Connectory.com®. The Connectory includes information on industrial products, technologies, services, and core capabilities and capacities. All Primary Industry Companies are encouraged to profile themselves–this service is provided FREE of charge.
- The East County EDC and partners host tours and panels of manufacturing companies showcasing career in the manufacturing sector. The target audience is veterans, job seekers, and high school students interested in careers in Manufacturing.
- The goal is to profile the Advanced Manufacturing and Aerospace sectors, identify skills and knowledge that those sectors are looking for in a qualified workforce and work, in partnership with the United Way Advanced Manufacturing Pipeline Project to create an educational pathway to fill those manufacturer’s employee needs.
- Comprised of lending institutions and other regional stakeholders, the BOC meets quarterly to discuss Connectory outreach to businesses and to hear community redevelopment updates from East County cities.
- Works successfully with numerous financial institutions, encouraging investment and reinvestment into East County businesses and supporting a vibrant local economy.
- Achieves regional cooperation through dialogue and partnerships with local government and businesses.